It’s about time I wrote a blog post, and I’m feeling a little uninspired as of late. So, to perk up my inspiration, I’ve decided to post my Top 10 Communication Quotes, in no particular order.
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
- “You can communicate best when you first listen.”
- “The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate.”
- “Communication is a continual balancing act, juggling the conflicting needs for intimacy and independence. To survive in the world, we have to act in concert with others, but to survive as ourselves, rather than simply as cogs in a wheel, we have to act alone.”
- “Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard.”
- “I slept for four years. I didn’t study much of anything. I majored in something called communication arts.”
Don DeLillo (This one’s slightly tongue-in-cheek)
- “I’m a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they’re interested in.”
- “The art of communication is the language of leadership.”
- “Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.”
- “The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.”
Sydney J. Harris
Of course, there are other quotes that are equally, if not more, inspiring. If you know any, feel free to comment!